I offer a one day workshop for one-to-one tuition, but I can take out a couple or small groups of friends in this workshop too.
We will cover using lightroom or photoshop and getting the most out of your DSLR. The course will be designed with you in mind and tailored to your requirements, and we can decide if you want to do the course on Dartmoor, or elsewhere.
My Dartmoor landscape photography workshop can be done in various settings, my favourite workshop involves walking through woodland, passing old mossy stone walls and gurgling streams, taking in waterfalls and rock pools, an ancient stone circle and some lovely long views of Tors and idyllic countryside.
Before we leave for the walk, we will go over your camera, find all the buttons and dials you will need and learn what they are for, to make sure you are really comfortable with the kit in your bag.
On our landscape workshop we will explore:
- Selecting locations and settings for photographs, composition; some guidelines and when to break the rules.
- Light, looking at correct exposure, using exposure bracketing and compensation techniques.
- The way the light falls on and affects the landscape and working with available light, long exposures and low light photography scenarios, including tripod usage.
- Focal length in combination with depth of field and understanding apertures.
- Post processing tuition will be carried out on my laptop using either Lightroom CC or Photoshop CC2015, or can be done on your laptop using your version of Lightroom/Photoshop if you prefer.
We will look at what you have taken during the first tea break and then take more shots after the feedback and refreshments. At the second break time we will go over the editing skills you need and reflect on how that know-how affects the images you shoot next. We will then do a third shoot, honing in on the skills you have acquired through the day.
Typically we would be out for about 5 to 7 hours, including tea breaks and lunch etc. Timings are made at our discretion on the day, dependent on the weather conditions and the speed with which you learn the skills.
You will be given a folder of course notes to keep as a reference for the future, as you practice and perfect your personal style.
The cost of the workshop is £250. I am offering a 20% discount on all courses booked for the rest of 2016, so if you want to book you can use this discount code 20off2016 to get the one-on-one course for £200.
If you would like to include a friend or partner on the course, then the additional cost for the extra person is £75.
Good to know:
You will need to bring your own lunch / snacks and drinks, and sensible outdoor gear for all weathers.
You may wish to have your own kit insurance if you think you might need it, as your kit is not covered by my insurance.
Please bring your manual for your camera kit to help us get to grips with your camera quickly and for you to make a few notes in if you like.
Contact me to discuss available dates for your workshop